It is wildfire season in Montana once again. The Lodgepole Complex of fires in eastern Montana had decimated over 230,000 acres of rangeland, destroyed over a dozen homes and killed countless numbers of livestock. My friends at the Northern Ag Network have put together a comprehensive list of ways you can help:
UPDATED HELP INFO:
Stockman Bank Announces Match for Lodgepole Complex Fire Relief Fund
Stockman Bank has set up a fire relief fund to assist those affected by the massive Lodgepole Complex fire. Stockman will match all contributions made to the fund up to a total of $10,000.
The Lodgepole Complex Fire Relief Fund will be used to provide the needed assistance to those stricken by the damage of the fire. Donations to this account will be handled by the Garfield County Fire Foundation.
To donate to the fire relief fund, please stop by any Stockman Bank location or mail to Stockman Bank, c/o Lodgepole Complex Fire Relief Fund, PO Box 80850, Billings, MT 59108. Join us in helping our neighbors in Eastern Montana.
Source: Stockman Bank & Northern Ag Network
Wildfire Relief: Here’s How you Can Help
Sand Springs – The Lodgepole Complex Fire West of Sand Springs, Montana has grown to over 226,000 acres over the last four days. Despite the unpredictability of this capricious monster, one thing is certain: The generosity of friends and neighbors has been immense and continues to grow.
Since the fire took off on Friday July 21, volunteers have shown up from across the county and the state to bring water tankers, graders, generators, food and anything they can to help.
Community members have utilized Facebook to make and answer requests. Mary Brown from LO Cattle Company 10 miles west of Sand Springs off of Highway 200 says, “The outpouring of love has been so generous with food and groceries that food and water is no longer a concern for the firefighters. Now, we are looking at all the people that have been completely devastated by this fire who are trying to find ways to pay for hay and take care of their cattle. The only way they can do that is through finding trucking, money and hay sources.”
The fires continue to burn as the wind has picked up on Monday morning. Many ranchers are still fighting to defend what land and livestock they have left and can only dream at this point of what “rebuilding” will look like.
For those who are interested in helping, here is a running list of what is needed and where you can help or donate:
FOR FIRE SUPPRESSION ASSISTANCE:
· Anne Miller: 406-853-3610
· Dale Ann Billing: 406-853-2998
· Garfield County Sherriff: 406-557-2540
HAY, TRUCKING AND CATTLE FEEDING COORDINATION:
· Circle – Jana Hance, Redwater Valley Bank: 406-485-4782
· Miles City – Bart Meged 406-951-3005 & Misty Meged 406-951-4840
FENCING DONATIONS (Labor and Materials):
· Anne Miller (Jordan): 406-853-3610
· Reeverts Fencing LLC: 406-487-2363 accepting monetary donations for fencing supplies by phone
· Checks can be made to Garfield County Fire Foundation c/o Garfield County Bank PO Box 6, Jordan, MT 59337 or send to Circle c/o Redwater Valley Bank, PO Box 60, Circle, MT 59215
· Cash and credit card donations for fuel are accepted at Farmers Union Oil / Cenex in Jordan at 406-557-2215
FOOD/FIRST AID/PERSONAL DONATIONS: (Recommended: On the go foods, travel size toiletries, fruits)
· Jeana Stanton 406-230-2217
· Sherlie Hains 406-230-1672
· Ryan’s Grocery in Jordan 406-557-2744
OTHER DROP-OFF LOCATIONS:
FIRE AREA DROP-OFFS:
· Jordan: VFW Hall
· Sand Springs: Sand Springs Store (Sandy Gibson) 30 miles west of Jordan on Hwy 200
· Fairview Hall – Brusett Road
SURROUNDING AREA DROP-OFFS:
· Baker: DES Alycia Conroy
· Big Timber: Sweet Grass County Fairgrounds – 7/26-7/28 (Lydia Sargent 406-223-0688)
· Billings: Joy Global at 1124 main Street. – 406-200-5511 (Gerard Murnion)
NILE office Metra – Sending horse trailer load
· Bozeman: KB Building Supply shop at 8256 Huffine Lane.
· Circle: Circle Sherriff Office
· Forsyth: Rosebud County Sherriff Office
· Glasgow: Haylie Shipp – 406-853-0483
· Joliet: Copper Willow Salon
· Miles City: Miles City Livestock – 406-234-1790
· Grass Range: Little Montana Truck Stop
· Sidney: Sidney Livestock (7/24 only)
· Winnett: B&D Gas Station
· Scobey: Farver Farms north of town 406-783-7113
The above information can be found at http://northernag.net/AGNews/AgNewsStories/TabId/657/ArtMID/2927/ArticleID/8283/Montana-Wildfire-Relief-Heres-How-you-Can-Help.aspx